- The CGPA for the purpose of assessing admission eligibility will be calculated based upon the equivalent of the last three full years of study (15 full courses or 90 credits) as taken in reverse chronological order as reflected upon the applicant’s transcript(s). For the purpose of the academic assessment, all qualifying university level courses are converted to a 4.00 grade point scale.
- Only pre-professional university undergraduate level courses will be included in the admission CGPA computation. Grades for courses taken at the graduate and/ or professional school level will not be assessed. However, applicants holding a completed Masters or Doctoral degree at the time of application will be initially assessed based upon their undergraduate program of study. If eligible, they will then be ranked at the 75th percentile of the applicant pool or their undergraduate CGPA, whichever is higher.
- Applicants who apply prior to the completion of the equivalent of three years (15 full courses or 90 credits) of university level study will be assessed for admission on the basis of having completed two full years (10 full courses or 60 credits). If deemed eligible and successful in the application for admission, an offer of admission will be conditional upon the successful completion of the minimum academic requirements before May 31 of the year of registration.
- Credits earned by courses taken in Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) programs will not be included in the CGPA calculation and will not be counted toward the minimum admissions standard. CMCC Academic Calendar 2022-2023 37
- Unassigned transfer credits shown on the applicant’s transcript will not be included in the calculation of the application CGPA. These credits will, however, count toward the minimum number of credits required for admission should it be necessary to count them in the assessment of the minimum Standard.
- Applicants whose academic record does not fully reflect their capabilities due to extenuating circumstances may submit additional documentation at the time of application. Submissions will be reviewed and decisions to amend the associated component of the admissions score will be determined by the Registrar.