Donors & Supporters
CMCC is fortunate to have the support of dedicated people who care deeply about the future of the institution. As a not-for-profit, charitable organization, CMCC receives no direct government funding and relies on membership, tuition and donations for support.
Throughout the years CMCC has been strongly supported by chiropractors and members of the public across Canada who recognize the importance of the institution to the continued development of the profession through their financial and moral commitment. We acknowledge and thank those who have provided such steadfast support which has allowed us to become a model in professional health care education and chiropractic research.
or download our pledge form (PDF)
What if you could contibute to chiropractic education and research to improve the health of your community?
You can. CMCC and its facilities represent the future of Chiropractic in Canada. Our potential to be an equal partner in Canadian health care has been exceeded only by our commitment to the profession and to patients.
With your support, we will continue to evolve, offering a rigorous and innovative academic environment that is second to none.
- CMCC’s academic program continues to set the standard in chiropractic education—graduating chiropractors who raise the bar for the entire profession, delivering quality health care to patients, and strengthening partnerships with other health care providers.
- CMCC’s research program is pushing the frontiers of chiropractic.
How can you help?
While we welcome donations at all levels, we invite you to consider a minimum donation of $6500. Payments can be made in a number of ways:
- Make a one time donation
- Pay in installments
- Pay by credit card, post-dated cheque or automatic bank withdrawal
Your donation will contibute to support...
- Academic Program - CMCC is known internationally for its high academic standards. Achieving pass rates of 98% on domestic Board Exams and excelling at US Board Exams has earned our graduates a reputation that opens doors both at home and abroad.
- Research - CMCC has one of the most innovative chiropractic research programs in North America. The quality and strength of our research is recognized worldwide. It improves the education of tomorrow’s chiropractors and results in more effective delivery of patient care.
- Awards and Scholarships - For students, financing a professional program requires considerable planning, budgeting and support. To help balance costs, CMCC offers over 80 scholarships, awards and bursaries, made possible through the generosity of supporters, to help talented students become chiropractors.
- Building - CMCC’s campus at 6100 Leslie Street is a space designed to facilitate education, inspire learning and leadership, and foster the potential of tomorrow’s chiropractors. It is responsible for approximately 180 new graduates moving into the professional world each year in addition to a growing number of graduate students. Practical technical design, environmentally conscious building practices and architectural excellence make it attractive to faculty and students and a landmark for chiropractic in Canada.
CMCC’s campus at 6100 Leslie Street is a space designed to facilitate education, inspire learning and leadership, and foster the potential of tomorrow’s chiropractors. It is responsible for approximately 180 new graduates moving into the professional world each year, in addition to a growing number of graduate students. Practical technical design, environmentally conscious building practices and architectural excellence make it attractive to faculty and students; and a landmark for chiropractic in Canada.
One building hosts all of our education and research facilities – including laboratories, a radiology department, a teaching and rehabilitation clinic, and the CMCC Health Sciences Library, which hosts the largest collection of chiropractic resources in Canada.
It is also home to the CMCC Supply Centre and Bookstore, one of the largest suppliers of chiropractic and rehabilitation products in Canada. The Supply Centre carries all textbooks and manuals for classes in addition to reference material and general interest books.
The building’s unique features include:
- Simulation labs where students and interns can develop diagnostic, treatment and radiology skills
- A large chiropractic library complete with the first online archival database devoted to the study of the history of chiropractic
- Six research labs
- An anatomy lab, one of only 10 in Ontario
- A 7,000 sq ft campus clinic, where interns hone their skills with accomplished clinicians, accommodating 35,000 patient visits per year
Leave your legacy in CMCC’s Lecture Hall
The CMCC campus at 6100 Leslie Street is a magnificent testament to the dedication of purpose to which so many have applied themselves. The facility, with its spacious atrium, world class library and state of the art lecture halls, is tangible evidence of the success of Canadian chiropractors as a profession. Indeed, it is in these very lecture halls that the future of the Chiropractic profession in Canada is being forged.
Engraved gold plaques are being installed at each seat in CMCC’s lecture halls, and for a small donation, your name or the name of a loved one, could be included among those recognized. By taking part in this important project, you can help ensure that every CMCC student will have a reminder of the people who have advanced chiropractic in Canada.
If you have any questions please contact Lynne Hodgson in the Development office, at 416-482-2340, ext. 270, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make your mark and leave a lasting legacy.
CMCC is known internationally for its high academic standards. Achieving pass rates of 98% on domestic board exams and excelling at US board exams has earned our graduates a reputation that opens doors both at home and abroad.
The achievements of our students are the result of four years of comprehensive and rigorous training that leads to their doctor of chiropractic degrees. The curriculum is presented in a series of study modules – each dedicated to a specific anatomical region – with faculty working together to coordinate content and ensure that understanding is comprehensive and complete. Combining lectures, labs, case studies and clinical internship provides a smooth transition from academic knowledge to diagnosis, treatment and management of patients’ conditions.
How we equip and administer the curriculum enhances its value and the experience of our students. Improved laboratory facilities, an outstanding chiropractic library and online learning communities are all supported by our Academic Fund and are just some examples of its benefits.
Your contribution to academic programming assures:
- Superior instructors and mentors for students
- Freedom for the academic innovation that leads to increasingly superior course delivery
- The development of community teaching clinics that give students the opportunity to work with diverse populations and benefit patients from a variety of backgrounds
For students, financing a professional program requires considerable planning, budgeting and support. To help balance costs, CMCC offers close to 100 scholarships, awards and bursaries, made possible through the generosity of supporters, to help talented students become chiropractors.
CMCC selects students on the basis of their academic and professional backgrounds in addition to their skills, interests and commitment to the profession. Each has the potential to become a superior doctor of chiropractic.
Your gift can make a career in chiropractic financially accessible to more students – and make a pivotal difference in their lives by helping them reach their potential.
What your support will do:
- Ensure deserving students are not left behind due to their inability to afford the program
- Allow students to focus more time on CMCC’s vigorous academic program on their way to becoming competent and successful chiropractors and less on having to meet their expenses
- Reward and recognize students in their pursuit of excellence
Making a donation to CMCC in someone’s name is a significant and special way to honour those close to you. You can make a tribute gift to to acknowledge the care you received from your chiropractor, celebrate a special occasion, or to honour the memory of a loved one.
Giving in Tribute
You can celebrate or honour:
- Births and birthdays
- Weddings and anniversaries
- Life’s successes
- Or just to say “Thank you”
Making a gift in someone’s memory is as meaningful to the recipient as it is to donor. The donor has the option of having a card sent to the family, which can include a personal message about their loved one.
When donating online please remember to:
1) Fill in the Tribute Information, including; name of person you would like to honour, write a personal message for the card recipient
2) Check the box beside "Mail a letter on my behalf"
3) Complete the full contact information boxes for the card recipient
4) Complete the transaction
It’s that most wonderful time of year when we embrace age-old holiday traditions – shopping for gifts, sending greetings, spending priceless time with family and friends and being philanthropic. Each year, millions of us exchange gifts as a sign of friendship, love and gratitude.
In this age where many people have to have everything they need and more, why buy a gift that will sit in a closet in a box?
Making a donation to CMCC in someone’s name is a significant and special way to honour those close to you. This could be a friend, co-worker, colleague or family member. You can make a tribute gift to acknowledge someone who has made an impact in your life, while supporting a model in professional health care education and chiropractic research.
When you make a donation in the name of another, we will acknowledge receipt of the gift with a personalized card stating that the donation or “gift” was made in their name.
To make your donation in lieu of gifts, please click here, complete the form and fax it to 416-482-3629, scan and e-mail it to email@example.com, or contact Lisa Hakvoort at 416-482-2340 ext. 270.
Please note that we will do our best to ensure that cards are delivered to recipients in time for the holidays, however we cannot guarantee delivery of orders received after December 14.
Consider planned giving. Planned giving allows you to maximize tax savings and make a substantial donation to a cause that you care about. You can donate assets that are immediately available to CMCC and realize tax savings in the same year. Or you can make a deferred gift, such as a bequest, and reduce taxes in your final return. Either way, gift planning is a personal decision that you should discuss with your legal or financial advisor.
Stocks and Securities
If you donate private shares and stock options directly to CMCC, you reduce your current income tax and save the capital gains tax. If you sell the securities and donate the cash to CMCC, you will receive a donation receipt for the total amount, but you will also be taxed on 50 per cent of the capital gain from your investment. However, if you directly transfer the securities to CMCC, you avoid the capital gains tax and receive the same tax credit along with a donation receipt for the full market value of the securities.
RRSP and RRIF
If you name CMCC as the beneficiary of an RRSP or RRIF, this triggers a charitable donation on death of the owner or s surviving spouse, and can offset taxes on your estate. RRSPs must be changed to RRIFs at age 71.
When the surviving spouse dies, an RRIF is taxed as income, incurring taxes on the estate. Save probate fees and income tax – your gift will be treated as a charitable donation in the year of death, and can be declared on the final tax return and/or the one before it. This tax credit may completely offset the taxes payable on the proceeds.
If you name CMCC as beneficiary or transfer ownership of a policy, you are providing for future generations.
- Donate a paid-up policy and receive a receipt for the cash value of the policy.
- Donate an existing policy and continue to pay the premiums and receive a receipt for the current cash value of the policy and subsequent premiums that you pay.
- Buy a new policy and transfer ownership to CMCC and receive a receipt for premiums you pay.
- Retain the policy and name CMCC as direct beneficiary and your estate receives a receipt for the face value of the policy upon your passing.
Naming CMCC as a beneficiary in your will initiates a charitable donation in the year of your death, and a tax credit on your final tax return and/or the one just before it.
- Specific bequest – leaves a specified dollar amount of cash or assets to CMCC.
- Residual bequest – CMCC only receives money once all other bequests are paid.
- Contingent bequest – leaves CMCC a gift upon death of spouse or specific event.
Create a legacy with as little as $15,000
The endowments are individually recorded and accounted for, and form part of an investment portfolio strategy managed by a major financial institution, according to a Board of Governors approved investment strategy.
Some endowment funds provide yearly financial awards for students, specifying the criteria and rewarding those who meet them, others direct funds towards acquisitions for the library, sports or other programs. Donors who contribute to annual awards will have the opportunity to present the award to the deserving recipient during an annual awards ceremony.
Endowments are a great way to make your donations count for today and for tomorrow.
How to start?
To discuss any questions you have about making a planned gift, please contact: Development Office at 416 482 2340 x 270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information provided is general in nature, does not constitute legal or financial advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice. We strongly encourage you to seek professional, legal, estate planning and financial advice before making any decisions.
Through CMCC, you can give a gift that celebrates the importance of life, health and knowledge. When a person donates their body to chiropractic education and research, it helps prepare tomorrow’s chiropractors for a lifetime of vital work in the health care field. Chiropractic is one of the fastest growing professions in the country with over four million Canadians receiving chiropractic care annually. Your donation will help CMCC students reach their goals to treat all patients to the very best of their abilities and to be compassionate and successful members of the health care team. It is a gift that will last a lifetime.
For further information regarding the Body Donation Program at CMCC, please contact the Anatomy Department at email@example.com or 416 482 2340 x 221.