Government Financial Aid

The Canada Student Loans Program is the financial assistance program in the form of loans and grants for eligible full and part-time students in most provinces and territories. The Government of Canada works with most provincial or territorial governments to deliver federal and provincial student loans and grants. Please note that students must apply for a provincial or territorial student loan through their province of residence and must meet all eligibility and residency requirements. Students are advised to apply early for government student loans, as it can take up to 12 weeks to process following receipt of the application.

Further information is available through the appropriate Provincial Student Loans Office (listed below) or by contacting the  Financial Aid and Awards Advisor in CMCC's Division of Student Services. Additional information can be retrieved from the Canada Student Loans Program website.

Students who enroll at CMCC on a study permit who wish to apply for government financial aid must contact the  Financial Aid and Awards Advisor to determine CMCC's eligibility to administer financial aid from their home country.

CMCC is an approved institution under the Province of Ontario's Student Assistance Program (OSAP). This approval is granted annually, and CMCC has held this status continuously since 1988. Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify.

Provincial and Territorial Student Assistance Websites

Alberta Student Aid

British Columbia Student Aid

Manitoba Student Aid

New Brunswick Student Financial Services

Newfoundland & Labrador Student Aid

Northwest Territories Student Financial Assistance

Nova Scotia Student Assistance

Nunavut Student Funding

Ontario Student Assistance Program

Prince Edward Island Student Financial Services

Québec Student Financial Aid

Saskatchewan Student Loans

Yukon Student Financial Assistance

Loans, Funds, Financial Aid

Bank Loans

All major financial institutions have professional student loan programs and/or lines of credit available to CMCC students in all years. You need to be aware of the yearly and overall maximums that can impact your long term financial budgets for the four year CMCC program. Please contact your bank for details such as eligibility requirements, interest rates and applications.

Emergency Loan Fund

CMCC maintains an emergency loan fund for students. The maximum is $500, which must be repaid within 30 days. Students must submit written proof to substantiate the status of the emergency. Emergency loan application forms may be obtained from the Office of Student Services.

Students’ Council Emergency Fund

The Students' Council maintains an emergency loan fund. The maximum is $500, which must be repaid within sixty days. Students in financial need must submit written proof to substantiate the status of the emergency. Emergency loan application forms may be obtained from the Students’ Council Office.

**For U.S. Students**

CMCC has been granted provisional certification until December 2020 for participation in US Financial Aid programs from the US Department of Education.

Return to Title IV Policy

U.S. federal student aid is awarded to U.S. students who are in attendance at CMCC for the entire study period. If a student ceases to become a full-time student at any time prior to completion, they must report their withdrawal from the program in writing to the Registrar’s Office and may no longer be eligible for the full amount of Title IV funds awarded. Title IV federal student aid includes U.S. Direct Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized), Parent PLUS loans or Grad PLUS loans).

U.S. federal aid regulations mandate a Return to Title IV Funds (R2T4) calculation when a student withdraws from CMCC. The percentage of aid that must be returned by the student and CMCC is based on the number of days in attendance and by the number of days remaining in the study period. A repayment would not be required if you attend more than 60% of the semester before withdrawing.

If you withdraw from all your courses prior to completing over 60% of a semester, you may be required to repay a portion of the federal financial aid that you received for that term. A pro rata schedule is used to determine the amount of federal student aid funds you will have earned at the time of the withdrawal.

The financial aid office will determine the percentage Title IV aid earned and return the unearned portion to the appropriate aid program on behalf of the student. For further information, please visit the U.S. Student Aid website.