Chiropractic was founded in 1895 by Canadian Daniel David Palmer; in fact, the “Memorial” in our name is in his honour. Since Palmer’s first adjustment, chiropractic has grown and developed to become one of the largest primary contact health care professions in North America.
CMCC opened its doors on September 18, 1945, welcoming a large class of veterans returning from World War II. CMCC’s founders had a vision of the institution establishing a high standard of chiropractic education and becoming a catalyst for the cohesive development of chiropractic in Canada. For the next 50 years, CMCC served the entire country as the sole provider of chiropractic education. As a result, the majority of today’s practicing chiropractors in Canada are graduates of this institution. In addition, our evidence based and patient centred approach attracts students from around the world.